In depth lameness examinations are performed at the clinic including diagnostic anaesthesia (nerve blocks), digital radiography and ultrasonography.
Lameness examinations can be a lengthy process and are best performed in the clinic under a controlled environment.
Sycamore Lodge offers a full range of treatment options for orthopaedic conditions from tendon injuries and joint chips through to back pain and limb fractures. We pride ourselves on offering care and advice not just through the diagnostic and initial treatment but throughout your horse’s convalescence and rehabilitation.
Orthopaedic services provided by Sycamore Lodge include;
• Lameness investigation
• Corrective farriery
• Diagnostic and surgical arthroscopy and tenoscopy
• Internal fixation for fracture repair / arthrodeses
• Extracorporeal shockwave therapy
• Regenerative medicine techniques including stem cells, IRAP
and PRP (platelet enhanced therapy)
• Back and sacroiliac regional medication